TaxiPilot is finally on the roll. This new app in UK has entered to the market helping taxi drivers to work more efficiently.
This new app is designed to give real time information on the waiting time status of all taxi ranks in the London and Suburban badge drivers.
This app was specially designed for black cabbies with the hope that it will increase the overall earnings. It also will help cab owners to end their hanging duties around the slow ranks.
Thomas, the creator of TaxiPilot said, “The aim is to provide licensed taxi drivers with real time information on how busy taxi ranks are. Each driver can then make a choice on which ranks to attend. We suggest that drivers only attend ranks that are green or amber. TaxiPilot uses a colour coding traffic light system to show drivers the status of the nearest five ranks around them. In addition, the dashboard feature shows drivers the status of around 80 points of interest nearest to them in real time. These points are updated every 30 seconds as the driver moves around.”
Here is how the app works based on the colour coding:
- All London ranks up to 15 minutes (Green), from 15 to 30 minutes (Amber) and over 30 minutes (Red).
- Heathrow Feeder Park, up to 60 minutes (Green), from 60 to 120 minutes (Amber) and over 120 minutes (Red)
- Heathrow Terminal ranks, up to 15 minutes (Green), from 15 to 30 minutes (Amber) and over 30 minutes (Red)
- London City airport, up to 30 minutes (Green), from 30 to 60 minutes (Amber) and over 60 minutes (Red)
- Black means that particular rank is empty or low on cabs.
This new app works by auto updating ranks by using the drivers ‘location determining the time spent at ranks. This will help drivers to stop relying on current platforms like Twitter and WhatsApp. Moreover, people behind this TaxiPilot mentioned that real time information rank status means customers will no more have to wait too long in queues at stations to get cabs for transport.